Car insurance for a luxury vehicle can be expensive — not for Infiniti’s G35! Even though it is considered a sports car, the Infiniti G35 insurance costs will still be lower than other performance car insurance policies.
Most luxury cars have higher car insurance premiums because of the cost of possibly needing repairs or being replaced. But Infiniti’s G35 coupe and sedan has affordable and average car insurance coverage due to it’s incredible safety features and the huge amount of spare parts available.
The Infiniti G35 has now been in production for more than 12 years. Today, it can only be purchased used.
Most used cars have parts and spares that are difficult to source. Though this makes your Infiniti G35’s insurance costs slightly higher, it really isn’t a deal breaker.
Thanks to parts compatibility with Nissan’s 350z and the sheer volume that the G35 was sold in, spare parts are widely available. With the G35, even though it’s a luxury vehicle, owners can rest assured of lower car insurance costs than other luxury vehicles.
What Is the Infiniti G35?
The Infiniti G35 was Nissan’s first luxury car rolled out in 2003, and manufacturing stopped in 2008. While Nissan started the G series in the ’90s, they achieved success when the Infiniti G35 hit the market. You can purchase the Infiniti G35 as a two-door coupe for a more sports car vibe or the four-door sedan with plenty of legroom in the back.
If you are one of the lucky owners of this smooth ride, you will be happy to learn that you can save on car insurance coverage because of its impeccable safety features.
Infiniti G35 Features
Even though the Infiniti G35 is no longer in production, we cannot ignore this vehicle’s luxurious features.
The Infiniti G35 produced between 2003 and 2008:
- could either be available as a four-door sedan or a two-door coupe.
- had a V6 engine, which was 3.5 liters.
- were available as either a five-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmission.
- was spacious; even in the coupe which had lots of room in the backseat.
The G35 got an update in 2005, with the basics of the car remaining. Along with a few improvements, Infiniti upgraded the brakes, dashboard and engine. The frequent improvements of the G35 put the brand in ahead of many other luxury vehicles.
Production for the Infiniti G35 stopped in 2008, so the only cars available today are secondhand. When well maintained, this luxury vehicle will still be cost-effective.
On average, Infiniti G35 owners spend roughly $1,200 per year on car insurance, which is very affordable for a car in its class.
Safety of the Infiniti G35
The Infiniti G35 is an exceptionally reliable car and has many safety features such as:
- Like all other luxury cars, the G35 comes with electronic stability and traction control system with four-wheel, anti-lock brakes.
- There are a lap belt and shoulder belt for the passenger in the middle seat.
- There are seat anchors for child car seats.
- The airbag system is very advanced, with airbags in the front and sides.
- The head restraint system is dynamic, including restraints for the seats in the rear of the car.
Due to the exceptional safety features of the Infiniti G35, it has performed its safety tests extremely well. Because of the impeccably high safety factors, auto insurance rates have been able to remain average. In a car this quick, average is a massive win.
Generally, luxury vehicles have higher car insurance premiums. Amazingly, Infiniti G35 insurance costs have been able to stay at a lower rate due to the safety factors that give the car credibility.
What Factors Will Influence Your G35’s Insurance Rates?
Auto insurance companies consider many factors when it comes to your car insurance rates. The premium for a 16-year-old will differ significantly from an experienced 60-year-old who has had their license for 40+ years. It all comes down to how high-risk you are as a driver as well as how dangerous your car could be on the road.
Your G35, while being a luxury car, will probably also be classified as a sports car due to it’s high performance power output too.
This said, if you check pricing of Nissan 350z vs G35 insurance, the G35 will almost always be cheaper, despite being a very similar car under the skin.
Nissan 350z insurance is typically more expensive for the simple reason that it attracts a different type of driver.
Here is a list of a few things’ car insurance companies take into consideration when calculating vehicle premiums:
- Your age and gender
- Your residential address — some areas are deemed riskier than others due to theft in the area
- Your marital status — married people will pay less than a single person
- If you have a good credit score, you will pay a slightly lower premium than if you had a bad credit score
- College graduates
- Military personnel
- Senior citizens
- If you use the same company for more than one insurance policy, such as life insurance, they will discount your premiums. You will get to save money on all your policies for your loyalty
Luxury cars come with significant risk as they are more appealing to criminals than more typical, cheaper cars. Car insurance companies see it as a liability and raise rates because of it.
These vehicles are also more expensive to repair, especially when they are foreign cars. To the car insurance company; luxury car = risk.
Car insurance rates can differ between companies and the coverage you need. Whether you are looking for full coverage, personal injury protection coverage, or liability coverage, the insurance rates will vary.
It’s always best to get various quotes to compare cover, benefits, and prices. Do your research, so you have peace of mind that you are getting the best deal for you.
How To Save on Infiniti G35 Auto Insurance
Discounted premiums are one of the many ways to save on Infiniti G35 insurance costs. Discounts will lower your rates, but car insurance companies don’t always tell you about them.
Always make sure to ask for discounts that are available at your insurer of choice. They will always find a way to retain you as a client instead of losing you because of pricing issues.
Some examples of discounts that can be available to you:
- Driver Training Discounts — Completing a course in driver safety successfully could lower your rates by 5% or more, along with improving your driving skills.
- Active Service Discounts — If you were/are on active duty in the military, you can qualify for a reduction in your rates.
- Good Student Discount — You could save as much as 25% on insurance costs if you performed well in school and are under 25.
- Drive Less and Save — By driving less and maintaining a lower annual mileage, you can get an additional discount.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured — By insuring more than one car with the same insurance company, you will be able to get deals for each vehicle.
Remember that discounts don’t apply to the entire premium but specific items on the auto insurance policy.
During their first year in production, the Infiniti G35 had made Car and Driver’s Top 10 list for its design, safety features, high performance, and affordability. Today, the vehicle is still saving its drivers money on auto insurance rates due to its safety features.
While luxury vehicles pay approximately 18% more in auto insurance premiums than the average car, rest assured that when purchasing the Infiniti G35 — you will be able to save money!